Palmetto Bluff is a luxurious private community near the May River. This twenty thousand acre residential community offers both waterfront and full size estates ranging in size from thirty acres to less than a half an acre. The Village at Palmetto Bluff includes a community dock, pool and fitness center, shops, restaurants and the exquisite Inn at Palmetto Bluff. The Inn at Palmetto Bluff is a full service spa and relaxation center for property owners and their guests.
The gatehouse located at the front security gate is manned 24 hours a day.
With certain artifacts dating back as far as 10,000BC, Palmetto Bluff’s history is a large plot of land that changed ownership numerous times. In 1730, Admiral George Lord Anson of the British Navy purchased the land known today as Palmetto Bluff. In 1757, the land was divided into separate parcels which later become individual plantations.